Job Title: Community Manager
Department: Dazed Club
Reporting to: Creative Director, Dazed Club
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Thirty years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Nowness.
The company also encompasses the pioneering Dazed studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join the Dazed Club team. If you know your CRM from your CMS, and have experience with social media and driving engagement online, we want to hear from you. Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication and administration skills, and can help implement content and engagement strategies.
What you’ll do
- Act as the face and voice of Dazed Club and manage a digital community on multiple platforms.
- Be a people person with the ability to facilitate and/or moderate online and offline conversations within our member community.
- Create and manage content for Dazed Club members that inspires them to create with us and other members.
- Respond to comments and member queries in a timely manner.
- Listen to our members by monitoring their feedback.
- Highlight interesting member content to the wider Dazed team and find innovative ways to showcase the work of members.
- Collaborate with the events team to build a community and maximise engagement online and offline.
- Liaise with all teams to stay up to date with opportunities within Dazed and make sure these are advertised to the community.
What you’ll need
- Proven work experience as a community or engagement manager.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador programme, creating an event series and/or writing engaging content).
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret engagement metrics.
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Proven ability to work towards targets/KPIs.
- Strong interest in fashion and culture – including pop culture, internet culture and digital journalism.
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer....
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- 4pm Friday finish
- Your birthday off
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Fridays Hours' - 4pm finish
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to drive and be part of change within the business
Date Posted: 26th January 2023