Exec Director, Digital and Memberships
About the role: Exec Director, Digital and Memberships
Reporting to: COO - Dazed Media
Terms: Perm, 5 days a week. At least 3 days in the office.
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Thirty years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Nowness.
The company also encompasses the pioneering Dazed studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
Dazed Media comprises the platforms of Dazed and AnOther primarily. This role will be a generalist who can work across the core departments and pillars, setting objectives and ensuring all department leads are working towards the same goals under the direction of the Founder/ CEO and COO.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
Overall this role leads the Exec team to operationalise the vision of the CEO/ Founder and COO. This is done through setting the objectives and strategies for Dazed Media across Dazed Digital and Social, Commercial, Studio, Media, Dazed Club, and AnOther digital and social.
- Operationalising the vision of the Founder/CEO and COO through objective setting and monitoring, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly.
- Strategising 1-3 year planning to ensure steady growth across the group.
- Work with the Exec group to ensure they have the tools and support to fulfil their roles and objectives
- Ensure Dazed Club continues its success as the newest product in the portfolio. Working closely with the Creative Director of Club to ensure they have everything they need to fulfil the vision
- Ensure it is a profitable pillar of Dazed in 2023
- Collaborating with Dazed Digital Editorial and Social teams to ensure the key objectives around growth and engagement are achieved month to month and quarter to quarter.
- Working closely with Commercial teams to ensure inbound briefs are growing year on year.
- Strategising around digital innovation for Dazed and giving the Dazed point of view to determine our digital focus e.g digital world building, 3D fashion etc
- Ensuring we are fulfilling the ‘Media’ element of Dazed Media, activating in the right way and making sure paid media strategies work seamlessly for brands and Dazed campaigns
- Working closely with the Studio team, namely the MD of Studio to ensure the department is fit for delivery and works well cross departmentally.
- Assessing top level workflow across departments including Events and Media
- Working with the MD of Studio and Finance to analyse the profitability of Studio
- Presenting to Dazed the quarterly objectives and how the business is tracking to ensure all staff understand the wider goals
- Lead quarterly Exec offsites to plan and strategise accordingly in line with objectives
- Ensure the Exec team communicates and works to joint goals and objectives and behaves as a unified team
- Ensure AnOther Digital and Social are working to the same goals and objectives to maintain steady growth and deep engagement
- Monitor staff retention and implement strategies with HR to ensure minimal turnover.
- Staying on top of key trends across digital and experiential to ensure Dazed Media is always at the forefront of innovation
- Ensure Dazed D&I strategy improves year on year with HR
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic
overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role
description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and
encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society
in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome
applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer....
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- Your birthday off
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Fridays Hours' - 4pm finish
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to driveand be part of change within the business
Date Posted: 10th November 2022