Head of Project Management, Dazed Studio
Job title: Head of Project Management, Studio
Reporting to: Managing Director, Studio
Terms: Permanent - 5 days a week. At least 3 days in the office.
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Thirty years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Nowness.
The company also encompasses the pioneering Dazed studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Burberry, Chanel, Converse, Gucci, LVMH, Miu Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, Versace
About the role
Dazed Studio is the commercial heart of Dazed Media. The Studio team brings the creative, editorial, design and production capabilities of Dazed Media to clients. Dazed Studio work with a multitude of brands across all sectors building and delivering bespoke offering of 360 content, branded content, experiential, consultancy. The Studio Executive team requires a Head of Project Management to lead into its next phase of expansion: producing and delivering award winning, culture defining work with world class talent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Project Management team to ensure seamless execution from pitch to delivery, acting as the key day-to-day contacts for the client and internal teams
- Be a part of and work closely with the Studio Executive team (Creative Services Director, Head of Production, Strategy Director, Executive Creative Director and Creative Director) to lead Dazed Studio into its next phase of growth
- Work into the Managing Director of Dazed Studio to ensure client satisfaction is met, course correcting where necessary and ensuing the retention of Studio’s client base
- Work closely with the Global Executive Publishing Director to provide cohesive pitch responses from Studio and deepen existing client relationships
- Work closely with Execs to ensure seamless delivery of Dazed Studio’s 360 offering (production, hubs, editorial, print specials, events, strategy and insights, Dazed Club community, etc.)
- Responsible for overall team structure, resourcing and hiring, from Junior Project Managers to Project Directors (on a permanent and fixed term contract basis)
- Lead direct reports (Project Directors) to ensure that the entire project management team is adhering to efficient processes, client experience is best-in-class and high calibre work is produced
- Manage and motivate direct reports (Project Directors), accountable for their performance and professional development
- Work hand-in-hand with Commercial, Finance and Production to invoice clients, maintain cash flow, reconcile projects and analyse profitability within Studio
- Oversee the setting up of key client accounts, establishing large scopes and account mapping
- Have an awareness of market trends and operations in the U.S., Europe and China
- Be an internal and external ambassador for the Studio’s vision and mission
- Ensure Dazed Media’s core values are adhered to internally and externally
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years experience in Project Management or Account Handling, being the day to day client contact as well as the internal project manager
- Experience running seven-figure + accounts
- Experience of luxury fashion clients and lifestyle brands
- Experience working across 360, integrated accounts (editorial, events, content, social, etc.)
- Experience of leadership/people management, developing talent and managing a team of minimum 6 project managers
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer....
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- Your birthday off
- 4pm Friday finish
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to driveand be part of change within the business
Date Posted: 2nd February 2023