Junior Media Planner
Job Title: Junior Media Planner
Department: Digital Media Operations
Reporting to: Head of Media Strategy and Planning
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Thirty years ago Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed and AnOther.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
Responsible for successful planning and execution of commercial projects across organic and paid media vital for the digital commercial success of Dazed Media in 2023.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- You will be expected to assist in the planning, development, delivery, and analysis on strategic campaigns to improve overall campaign effectiveness and success
- Work with the client and the account team to understand the client's business objectives and advertising strategy
- Media plan creation ensuring success for the client and Dazed Media’s publications.
- Take ownership of the entire media process of a commercial project from brief through to implementation and reporting
- Work on several projects at the same time, often for several different clients
- Liaise with media agencies to ensure best in class campaign delivery
- Using insights from a range of sources, both internal and external, to build a case for campaign strategy.
- Assist in paid social campaign strategy, delivery, optimisations and the compilation of performance reports for post campaign Analysis.
- Support the Head of Media Strategy and Planning in producing Audience reports, circulated monthly so that commercial teams have access to the latest brand figures.
- Liaise with internal strategy and creative teams to ensure best in class media delivery in response to a client brief
- Work closely with social media team to deliver roll out plans in response to client brief
- Work closely with display operations team in briefing, delivery and optimisation of branded campaigns
- Continue to develop your knowledge in trends across social, paid media, display and email. Present learnings and continue to educate the wider team
- Liaise with in-house project management and production teams to ensure asset requirements are clear and will deliver success
- Partner with project management and sales lead to respond to proactive & reactive advertising sales opportunities for all Dazed Media platform and publications and corresponding social channels.
Skills and development
- The role requires good time management and strong communication skills
- Desire to learn and develop skills across the media landscape
- Prior experience of paid social is desirable
- Experience using Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets is desirable
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.