Senior Project Manager, 3-6 Months Fixed Term
About the role: Senior Project Manager, Dazed Studio (3-6 Months Fixed Term)
Reporting to: Project Director
Terms: 3-6 month Fixed Term Contract with competitive salary pro rata
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Google, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Sonos, Swarovski, YouTube Music.
The Studio team brings the creative, editorial, design and production capabilities of Dazed Media to clients. Dazed Studio work with a multitude of brands across all sectors building and delivering bespoke offering from advertorials and microsites to events, video and audio productions, seeding and activation of content, contract publishing and creative consultancy. Aligned with our advertising sales team you will deliver a wide range of bespoke commercial projects ensuring successful planning, pricing, pitching and timely delivery of projects to clients.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
- Bring together relevant creative teams from studio, editorial, photographic, fashion, film, design and marketing & events departments to respond to project brief.
- Interrogate client briefs and apply knowledge of best practice to set clear objectives and roadmap project deliverables in correspondence with client objectives, audience and platform understanding.
- Issue call for response and facilitate the creation and delivery of pitch documents working in partnership with the creative and commercial teams.
- Lead internal creative meetings, set agenda, follow up on action items to meet project deadlines.
- Managing internal trafficking of creative through the pitching, planning and production process from inception to final client sign off using the Studio resourcing application, Float
- Develop production timelines and communicate to clients ensuring agreement and sign off.
- Communicate production schedules to internal creative team, updating where appropriate when changes occur.
- Prepare forecast production budgets in collaboration with producers for sign off.
- Draft contracts and make amendments as directed by Project Director to ensure compliance with rights, usage and legal requirements, finalising through client negotiation.
- Various admin tasks including meeting notes and actions, status reports, maintaining schedules, case studies and proposals
Post Sold & Delivery
- Monitor creative integrity to ensure delivery against agreed deliverables keeping client up to date through meetings, calls and sharing of project timelines.
- Maintain communication with client responding to feedback and sharing with internal team and external creatives.
- Manage costs during production through regular reporting from project team and updating of budget.
- Pre-empt issues as they arise and deal with them effectively, ensuring minimal impact on the client relationship.
- Establish strong relationships with clients, to encourage trust and loyalty.
- Attend shoots and client update meetings, preparing relevant documentation and reports.
- Oversee commissioning and ongoing communication with collaborators ensuring adherence to brief and deliverables.
- Manage workflow and input of the creative team.
- Ensure each project has a signed contract and relevant documentation on file.
- Ensure invoices are sent to clients and payments have been received
- Manage creation of Project Report, Case Study.
- Archive all project budgets, contracts and assets.
- Reconcile project budget and report on financials to senior stakeholders.
- Attend project close / debrief meeting
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- 3-4 years previous experience working as a producer / project manager in a creative environment such as photo / video studio, agency or publishing house is essential.
- Eager to manage projects spanning formats including print, digital, social, photography, editorial, film and events
- Organised, reliable and time conscious, solution-focused, proactive, problem solver
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience and skill at managing multiple commercial projects generating SOW, budgets, Gantt charts, contracts and SLAs concurrently.
- Experience working with luxury, lifestyle and fashion brands is preferable
- Excellent communication and client service skills; you are comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Personable and flexible with ability to maintain focus and keep calm when working under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about film, fashion, arts and culture with a keen understanding of the Dazed brand, values, culture and heritage and appreciation of the distinct market value we can offer to our clients
- Ideally competent in MAC OSX, Excel, Word, Keynote, InDesign
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic
overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role
description in response to the changing needs of the business.
At Dazed Media we promote a working environment in which diversity is recognised, valued and
encouraged. We acknowledge the multicultural and diverse nature of the UK workforce and society
in general. We are committed to principles of fairness and mutual respect. We particularly welcome
applicants from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector.
What we offer....
- 20 days holiday each year as standard + bank holidays & 3 days over Christmas additional to this
- Flexible working policy
- Your birthday off
- Extra days annual leave for each year of service - up to 5
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Fridays Hours' - 4pm finish
- Enhanced family leave benefits
- Personal development scheme
- Company discounts including gyms, popular retailers & hotels
- Company paid subscription to Medicash - contributing and sometimes covering costs of health & wellbeing services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing social events throughout the year and frequent invites to external Dazed events
- A newly refurbished office in an incredible location with exhibitions, bars and restaurants on site
- 1 volunteer day each year
- Moving days for moving home
- A chance to join our internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee to drive and be part of change within the business
Date Posted: 13th January 2023